top of page

Making the ZOWORT BUILD PART 1 and 2



First, I started with the blocking mesh for the Zowort. I'll be honest; it has been a while since I modeled anything, so it was rough around the edges. But that is the good part about making a blocking mesh first.... most of the details don't matter. But I'll have to come back and re-make this mesh later.


To begin, I just used the model I put together and took a picture of the arms, legs, and torso. I also ensured I could get them as straight on as possible to make it easier to match the mesh when I started modeling.


When I started modeling, I made everything with the basic shapes and tweaked them to match as best I could without taking much time. In all, it took about 2 hours to get everything modeled.




After the completion of the model, I move into the rigging process. This was done using a rigging tool called HIVE from the creators of ZOOTools. It's a great Maya plug-in I have used at work for years now. This didn't take long to ring, and I added a few poses to ensure it was all working well.


Now that the rig is done, I still need to test it in-game to ensure all the parts can be exported correctly. This way I can tackle some of the issue before I start on my first animations.


This next step shouldn't take long, so be sure to check out the next post when it drops.


0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comentários


bottom of page